Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ramen Masala



I am a Jill of many traits. And on this post I'm imparting a recipe I've created that that is so cheap but soooo good. And aside from the fact that it's cheap, it not too bad to eat considering the way I've revised the way you prepare the ramen.



What you'll need:
1 package Ramen (I get Top Ramen Oriental flavor because it's the only ramen free of any animal products.)
1t Curry (I use wayyy more but I think one would suffice for normal people)
1/2t Coriander
1/2t Cayenne
1/4t Ginger
1/4t Cumin
1/4t Garam Masala
1/4t Tumeric
Ground Pepper

Salt (I use a special brand that has half the sodium of traditional salt)

What you need to do:
Traditional Ramen preparation: Boil the water, add the ramen and turn heat down to low. Let it cook for 3 minutes. Now here comes the fun part. I usually drain 3/4 of my water out of the pot to make the flavor stronger. Then add the spices and ONLY 1/4 of the seasoning packet. This not only cuts down on the calories but the sodium by 3/4! Heyyyoooo Awesome right? Now just mix it up, pour that puppy in a bowl and add salt and pepper as needed :) BON APPETITE!

I hope you enjoy that recipe as much as I do, and now I'll leave you with this adorable photo of Roscoe, snug as a bug on five layers of blankets!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...looks good and easy. and when things are easy, it makes them ten times better in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete