Saturday, December 6, 2008

Finals Week

This is it! The finals stretch! And I couldn't be more nervous. I'm worried about a couple classes and I'm hoping the GPA doesn't suffer. I need to get a 3.0 in order to keep my academic scholarship at school, which is something I can't afford to loose with the tuition rates at my private art college. I'm really proud of a lot of the work I produced in my Advertising classes but in my Illustration classes, I've really let myself down. I just didn't try.

I think a lot of that was due to a lack of motivation this semester. I also have the worry that if i do really try hard and it isn't good enough I'd rather not try at all. If that makes any sense? Kind of like, how you'd rather make a goofy face in a picture that run the risk of your real smile looking goofy?

My new years resolution is going to be to put forth a harder effort in my traditional art classes and create work that I'm proud of and use it to make my graphic design more diverse and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment